Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers

  Since it is Mothers Day today I thought I would talk about my mom and our relationship.  I am the first of three daughters.  She fought long and hard to get the three of us.  She was blessed when she had me but my middle sister was a miracle. She suffered several miscarriages before we came around.  My youngest sister was adopted.
  My mom always taught us to be open with our feelings and that we could ask any questions.  It made for some interesting fights.  Never go to bed angry.  Even if you go to bed at 2:00 A.M..   She is the "counselor" of the family holding everyone together.  She's got an amazingly generous heart always looking for ways to help others.
  My mom and I have always been very close.  When I was sick with migraines in high school that's when we really bonded. My mom also suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She and I commiserated together over pain by watching lots of Quantum Leaps and Macgyvers.  Later on through my adult years our relationship has grown into a friendship of love and respect.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment