Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Long Time No See And A Lot Of News

    I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post these last couple days but my sister and her husband were visiting and we tried to spend as many waking hours as we could with them.  We also went to my mom's friend/room mate from college's retirement party.  It was a lot of parties and I'm so glad to be able to just relax and just breathe.  
    We had my sister's baby shower on Friday.  My other sister, myself and my dad all met with my sister and her husband for coffee in the morning to go over what to bring.  When we get there they already have potato salad and my sister looks miserable.  Nobody showed up except for family and everybody wasn't in the best of moods.  The next day we found out that no one had even gotten them a gift!  Poor kids.  
    Then we have my mom's friend's party.  It's out in the middle of nowhere and obviously it's all people that my parents know.  It would be boring, or so I thought. Within only 5, count that 5 minutes, of getting there I had tried to sit in an old lawn chair which my dad assured me my butt would fir into only to have break underneath me!  Yes, I fell on my ass in front of probably 20 people!  The worst part is is that I cannot get up once I'm down on the ground.  So I had to have a bunch of people help me.  It was so mortifying! I got up and went back to the car.  My mom came to check on me, her friend came to check on me, but I was convinced that I was going to stay in the car until we left.  Long story short I went back in eventually.  I'm glad I did because I get a chance to reconnect with my favorite high school teacher.  Turns out she has been neighbors with my mom's friend for years.  It was really nice to get a chance to tell her how much she meant to me.  So, while I started the party, literally, with a bang it ended quite well.  I am however quite sore and stiff.  
    So, now that the fun has ended it's back to getting ready and fit for my Dr appointment in San Francisco next month!  And yes, I promise to write more frequently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment