Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Walking!

    I know I haven't posted in a few days but that's because I've been busy with some fun things and some not so fun things.  I always think it should be good news first.  I haven't walked outside of my house in 8 years!  Saturday I made my first attempt and walked to the mailbox.  Sunday I walked even farther when I walked to the corner and not only did I attempt it once but twice!  I even got walking sticks to mark my fantastic accomplishment.
    But we also had to put down our dog too.  And before that was a weekend filled with extra extra special care.  Helping him stand up, helping him get to the yard, getting him water and food any time he needs it.  It was done in love but it was really exhausting.
    So, Today I didn't manage to make it to three times to the corner but I will.  It was a hard day today.  But, I'm looking forward to expanding my walks to greater and greater distances.  It's a whole new experience from all those walks I took 8 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment