Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day In/Day Out

    As I put my dog outside to go potty this morning I thought about how long I've been doing this and how many times I've gazed at our backyard.   No matter however many years go by, no matter how much outside life changes I'm still stuck in the same 4 unending unchanging 4 walls of my childhood home.  I keep doing the same things day in and day out.  I think about 8 years ago.  Would I have had the guts and street smarts to make it in a place on my own.  My sister did twice! I just get so sick and tired of seeing and hearing the same things since I was in grade school.   The laughter of kids playing over the wind from the k-8 school I went to a few blocks away, or the same view of the mountains past our neighbors roof line.  I just long for some new scenery and experiences.  I'm not saying I don't appreciate what I have because I do.  I know how lucky I am to have a home, with family who help take care of me.  But, sometimes..... I wish I had been given the opportunity to have taken a different path.
   As far as the weight loss goes I have lost another 2 pounds!  It won't always be this fast in dropping as time goes on, but for now I'm just riding the excitement wave!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment