Friday, April 20, 2012

Pain, Pain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day....

  Sorry it has been so long since I last posted.  Things have been a bit rough.  I'm sure most of you out there can understand and appreciate that.
  I had an appointment last week with a social worker.  And it was a complete disaster!    She said to me that she didn't understand why a strong healthy looking individual needed to be taken care of.  Why is it that people just don't get that RSD is real? It is so hard having a disability that no one can see.  My leg definitely shows signs of RSD but not my abdomen.  The only other outward appearance is the amount of weight I packed on due to medications and inability to move.
 I hate having a disability that's so intense and such a huge ordeal for myself and yet to others it is considered to be fairly unworthy of their time and efforts.  I'm not saying every one, I myself have been blessed with very good doctors.  But, it's just hard sometimes.  Having invisible illnesses is a real challenge for anyone.
  If you have RSD, Chronic Fatigue, Depression, Fibromyalgia, any of these are hard to face because the physical aspect is not there.  You feel as if you are suffering alone.  I know, I've lived through 2 of those.
  But today I say press on.  There are people out there who believe.  There are people who love you!  And with that combination I think anyone can get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment